Monday, February 27, 2012

Rocketeer & Flashpoint: Self-Promotion Alert

As a self-promoting shout out- Diamond Comic Distributors had their Diamond Gem Awards announced and Rocketeer Adventures Vol. 1 took 2011 Anthology of the Year. I mention this, of course, because I have a story in there, so that's pretty cool. You can get the hardcover now, and it is a pretty amazing volume with a ton of great artists and writers. The boo'ks worth picking up if you enjoy pulp action and like to see how a different writers wrestle with the limitations of the eight-page tale. I've been thinking about how to handle The Rocketeer as a game, and I think pretty clearly Spirit of the Century or Adventure! is the way to go.




I'll also point out that in March the trade paper of Flashpoint: The World of Flashpoint Featuring Superman comes out. That has the three issue mini-series I scripted and co-plotted for the Flashpoint event. I've had a chance to look at the book as a while and I really like it. It got some nice reviews, especially for a first book from me. The trade paper includes the World of Flashpoint books and the Booster Gold final issues tying in to the event. It comes out March 20th.