Monday, April 29, 2013

May RPG Blog Carnival & Stuffer Shack Results

As expected, I didn’t win Stuffer Shack’s RPG Site of the Year Contest. The winner this year was the ever-amazing Gnome Stew. But that was, quite frankly, an astounding set of competitors. I felt a little like the amateur in a room of professionals. We had some dynamite sites with multiple authors, published volumes, sponsors, multiple social media streams, and long-standing work across different kinds of games. The other four competitors were out of my league- so it was incredibly nice to be considered alongside them. I do hope I get some feedback from the judges- the blog's a sidebar to the hobby for me, but I’d still like to make it better and stronger.

In any case, I wanted to give a heads up that I’ll be hosting May’s RPG Blog Carnival. My topic’s a fairly simple one: Campaigns I’d Like to Run. I’ll have a post up on Wednesday talking about the topic and inviting everyone to join in. I think it’s a pretty timely idea- given that we’re heading into summer, a time when campaigns often change out. I have some cool ideas and I really want to see what others have been cooking up but haven’t had a chance to run yet. If you have a blog or other similar online word-carrying service, consider writing up a post.

You can find out more about the RPG Blog Carnival here.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing personal towards the other site in the competition, but I find yours has more useful content than any of them, over a wider subject area.
    Course having known you in the past, I might be a bit prejudiced.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sad to say, but anyone going up against Gnome Stew was going to have a bloody hard time of it. Well done for making the finals though, you got further than I did! I hope to see you enter again next year.

    ReplyDelete