...AND THEN I SAW THE COMPETITION!
So I managed to make it to the final round of Stuffer Shack’s RPG Site of the Year Contest. I want to thank everyone who generously voted for me. I recognize my luck in not facing some of these heavyweights in the earlier round. They had some amazing blogs and sites to check out. Online voting gave us five competitors:
These will be evaluated by Stuffer Shack's Judges and a winner selected. I hope there’s some feedback even for those who don’t win. I always like getting input and suggestions on my work here. If you have a chance, check out these sites as well as the others nominated.
Last week during the voting period I posted my pitch as well as my suggestions for further reading from my blog. I’ve been getting some additional hits from Stuffer Shack and ENWorld, so I thought I’d list a few of my other favorite posts and series.
- My "What the What?" Reviews Looking at Interesting Smaller RPGs: Orpheus, Fight!, Renaissance, and Mummy.
- My pseudo-published work: The winner of the RPG Geek 24-Hour RPG Contest with my entry, Arclight Revelation Tianmar and my DramaSystem pitch for Pelgrane Press’ See Page XX.
- 60 Shades of GM, my compiled list of names for gamemasters
- My guides for new gamers looking at GUMSHOE and Changeling the Lost. I hope to do more of these- and I hope some other bloggers might borrow this structure. There are a number of older games I’m interested in, but I don’t know what I ought to pick up.
- GM Techniques: Description; Creating Memorable NPCs; Table Management; Quitting; Backstories; and Sandboxes.
- Samurai Week
- The Worst GMs From Video Games
- Some of My Lists: Secrets, Rumors, and Hearsay: Player-Facing RPG Materials; By Sword, Spell and Spectre: Warfare in Fantasy RPGs; Cities of Steel: Superhero Urban Sourcebooks; Disastrous Games: RPGs & Cataclysms;and Boot to the Head: Martial Arts Treatments in RPGs