I’ve been working my way through Eternal Lies, the massive Trail of Cthulhu campaign just released. Pelgrane continues to craft a smart series of larger supplements for the game from the improv campaign of The Armitage Files, to the brilliant framework of Bookhounds of London, to the genre emulation of Shadows Over Filmland, and beyond. Great games often come to be defined by great campaigns and modules. CoC brought us Masks of Nylarlethotep and Walker in the Wastes for example. Just on a first pass-through, I think Eternal Lies deserves to be ranked up there.
Pelgrane Press has generously offered a free copy of this 400 page hardcover as a give-away. Accordingly I've come up with a little contest. My favorite bit from Eternal Lies so far are the “Three Things” NPC details authors Will Hindmarch, Jeff Tidball, and Jeremy Keller present. Like constantly touching those he speaks with; uses an economy of speech when communicating; and old-fashioned haircut. They’re great and easily accessible for the GM. So for this contest all you have to do is leave a comment on this thread, along with an NPC detail. You can also enter by posting in a similar thread you’ll find in the Pelgrane Press G+ Community.
1. You may enter up to twice: once here and once in the Pelgrane G+ Community thread.
2. You should leave an interesting and evocative NPC detail.
3. The winner will be chosen at (or a little after) noon EST on Friday September 20th. I will make consolidated a list of the entries on both threads and then use an online random number generator to pick a winner.
4. Winners will be contacted via email or the like. If I don’t hear back from the winner within 48 hours, I’ll pick another winner.
5. The winner receives a hardcover of Eternal Lies mailed to them.
I think that’s all the formalities. Thanks again to Pelgrane Press for offering this up.